I don’t post weekly meal plans because I think that our meals are particularly impressive (they aren’t, hate to admit it), or creative (not really, eek). For me, it’s a matter of giving an example of how a fairly ordinary (now Paleo) family plans out their week of meals. I’ve always been a big proponent of weekly meal planning, and I hope that by showing you how we do it, you might be inspired to try it yourself.
Paleo Weekly Meal Plan- July, Week 3
- Monday- Merguez Meatballs from the Well Fed 2 cookbook (pssst, you can also find the recipe at the author’s website)
- Tuesday- SimplyRecipe’s Poached Salmon (same as last week- it’s that good)
- Wednesday- PaleOMG’s Sriracha Cod
- Thursday- Entree Chicken Salad, which is basically a big salad topped with grilled chicken breast, and finished with a drizzle of olive oil and apple cider vinegar
- Friday- Rotisserie Chicken from New Leaf, one of our local health food stores. Unlike Whole Foods, they make one without soy or gluten.
- Saturday- Crispy Garlic Curry Chicken Drumsticks from PaleoMagazine/AncestralChef
- Sunday- Beef Stew by NomNomPaleo
Dinner sides are mix-and-match as usual, and include sautéed spinach, sautéed chard, oven-roasted cauliflower rice by Melissa Joulwan, roasted sweet potatoes, roasted winter squash, steamed new potatoes, Michelle Tam’s braised red cabbage, sauerkraut, and fresh salads.
Lunches this week are the leftovers from the dinners, plus fresh fruit like melons, peaches, strawberries and blueberries from the farmer’s market.
Breakfasts include Berry Smoothies, Banana Walnut Smoothies, PaleoParents’ Chunky Monkey Muffins, Banana Faux-tmeal, and sweet potatoes sautéed with apples. Plus protein on the side- usually sausage, bacon, sardines, or kipper snacks, and usually extra fresh fruit, too.
Have you tried weekly meal planning yet?
This post is linked up at Musings of a Housewife, Sassy Moms In the City, and I’m an Organizing Junkie. This post contains affiliate links from which I might receive a commission.