I’m always looking for inspiration as I walk that fine line between balancing our budget and keeping our lives fun and interesting. The internet is a treasure trove of frugal living tips, and I’ve rounded up five good frugal living articles that I came across this week. Remember, living frugally isn’t about saving money for the sake of saving money, it’s about saving money so that you can spend it on what really matters to you.
- Inspiration/Living Your Purpose: How Beth Hayden Quit Her Day Job and Changed Her Life (MarriedwithLuggage)
- Finance: Watch Television Without the Cable Bill (FrugalDad)
- Parenting: Teaching Your Kids to Budget With Money Jars (MyMommyWorld)
- Cooking: Home Canning: Orange Marmalade (pictured above) (HillbillyHousewife)
- Gardening: 5 Frugal Gardening Tips for Autumn (TheDailyGreen)
This round-up of “good reads” is a weekly feature of other people’s ideas, but don’t forget you can also check out all of my articles on managing your money, setting goals, menu planning, organizing, and lots of other stuff!